Using ‘Connect through’ option
The ‘connect through’ option lets you connect to a remote computer through an intermediate computer if there is no direct TCP/IP connection with the remote computer, and the intermediate computer does have a direct TCP/IP connection to both remote and local computers. Radmin Server should be running on the intermediate computer for this to work.
|To use “connect through”:
- Radmin Server should be running on the intermediate computer.
- Start Radmin Viewer on your local computer.
- Use the ‘Add Record’ command.
- Enter the IP address or DNS name of remote computer you want to connect to. It can be virtual a IP address or a local DNS name as long as intermediate computer can correctly resolve the identity of the required computer from it.
- Check the ‘connect through host’ checkbox.
- Select the intermediate computer you want to use from the list below.
This list is populated from phonebook records.
- Click the Ok button to add a new record to your phonebook.
- Double click on this new record to make the connection. If the intermediate server requires authorization, you may be asked for an additional login ID and password.
"Connect Through" option