File Transfer interface
The File Transfer window (illustration)
interface is mirrored in two panes. The left pane shows the local computer’s files and the right pane shows the remote computer’s files. You can navigate freely inside either pane to find files and folders:
Using the toolbar
- ‘Current path’
This dropdown box has two functions: it contains paths for the last 12 directories visited and lets you display any of these directories by clicking on its path. Second, you can enter any valid path and when you press the <Enter> key the contents at that location will display.
Shows the content of any parent folder.
Copies selected files and/or folders from one pane to another.
Deletes selected files and folders.
Since this button can delete important files on both local and remote computers, it should be used with maximum caution. Files deleted by Radmin Viewer cannot be recovered from the system ‘recycle bin’.
- ’Create Directory’
Creates a new directory.
- ’Icons View Mode’
Allows the user to select any of four different icons view modes:
- Large icons
All files and folders appear as large (32 x 32 pixils) icons with their names as labels.
- Small icons
All files and folders appear as small (16 x 16 pixils) icons with their names as labels.
All files and folders appear as small (16 x 16 pixils) icons with their names as labels, organized vertically.
All files and folders appear as small (16 x 16 pixils) icons with detailed information such as size, modification date and attributes.
- Large icons
Hotkeys list for File Transfer connection mode:
- Access the local computer’s folder selection menu (in the left panel).
- Access the remote computer’s folder selection menu (in the right panel).
- Item properties.
- Creates a new file transfer connection window.
- Selects all files and directories.
- Sort by name.
- Sort by type.
- Sort by time.
- Sort by size.
- Rename a selected file or folder.
- Copy selected files and directories to/from the remote computer.
- Create a new folder.
- Delete a selected file or folder.
- Refresh the active pane.
- Edit the active pane’s path.
- Display the file or folder context menu.
- Open a selected file in the local computer pane.
- Show the contents of the parent folder/drive.
- Switch between panes.
- Move the focus from the local or remote folder path to its file listing.
You can copy files and folders to and from the remote computer by dragging and dropping them from one pane to another.
Selecting files and folders
Using the File Transfer interface you can select multiple files and/or folders for copy and delete operations as you do with Explorer:
- Select any file or folder by clicking on it.
- Clicking on a file or folder while holding down the <Ctrl> key will add it to or exclude it from the current selection.
- Clicking on a file or folder while holding down the <Shift> key will select all files and folders between it and last item you selected.
- Holding the left mouse button and dragging a selection rectangle will select the group of files and/or folders within the rectangle.