Send Message connection mode
When connected in ‘Send message’ mode you can send text messages to a remote computer. This message will appear on the remote computer in a pop-up window which will attract the computer user’s attention.
Creating a message
When you are connected in this mode a ‘New message’ window (illustration) will appear. You can enter a message in the window and then send it.
Enter the message text into the input field. Press the ‘Send‘ button to send the message to the remote computer or the ‘Cancel‘ button to close the window without sending a message.
- Enter text in any language supported by your system.
- Use the <Enter> key to add start a new line.
- Use the <Ctrl>+<Enter> shortcut to send the message.
- Use the standard “cut”, “copy” and “paste” commands via hotkeys or the context menu.
- Use the <Ctrl>+<K> shortcut to pop up a color picker window and select the current text color or paint selected text.
The ‘Color picker’ toolbar button or the ‘<Ctrl>+<K>’ key combination displays a color picker window (illustration). where you can select the current text color or paint selected text.
Click on the corresponding color tab in the ‘Color picker’ window or press a highlighted character as a hotkey to select a color.
- If no text is selected and you choose a new color
All text entered from the current position will be in the chosen color until you choose a new color. The chosen color is called the current color.
- If a portion of the text is selected
The selected text will be colored according to the color chosen. The current color for new text will not change from what it was.
Receiving a message
When you send a message to a remote computer, it will automatically appear in a pop-up message window (illustration).